Azulejo Research for the candidacy to UNESCO World Heritage status
Estudos no Azulejo Português para Candidatura a Património da Humanidade
- On July 02-03, 2015 Museu Nacional do Azulejo and LNEC organized the International Conference “Glazed Ceramics in Architectural Heritage” (GlazeArch2015). Visit site here.
You may download the book of Proceedings here
- Under FCT-AzuRe in cooperation with the research infrastructure E-RIHS.pt and the H2020 Project IPERION CH, the same partnership will organize GlazeArch2018 provisionally set for October 29-30, 2018 at LNEC- Lisbon.
The scope was widened and the conference was aim to discuss azulejos and other architectural glazed ceramics of historic interest manufactured and applied anywhere in the world up to the 20th century, and also majolica and heritage faïence in general: their history, characteristics, decay, conservation and museology as well as related issues.
- Aspects in Art and Art History;
- Historical context of the workshops and factories and their technology, as well as of the origin, production and routes of raw materials;
- Studies in the characterization of glazed ceramics and their materials;
- Application and interactions with the environment;
- Decay of integrated glazed ceramics, its causes and remedies;
- Conservation and restoration methods and materials;
- Intervention cases and lessons learnt therefrom;
- Socio-cultural context and other intangible aspects;
- Museology and display;
- Other research results and research needs in the field. The Conference was organized jointly by Laboratório Nacional de Engenharia Civil and Museu Nacional do Azulejo as an outcome of the FCT-AzuRe project and a networking activity of the transnational research consortium IPERION CH and the Portuguese research infrastructure E-RIHS.pt.
- Studies in Heritage Glazed Ceramics (sessão de divulgação do projecto no lançamento do Nº 1 em 2019/03/20)
- Studies in Heritage Glazed Ceramics (sessão de divulgação do projecto no lançamento do Nº 2 em 2020/01/15)